Benefits of Mediation
There are numerous advantages of using a mediator when divorcing or resolving a child custody matter. Southwest Florida Divorce and Family Mediation Services realizes these advantages and strives to maximize each benefit:
- The divorcing couples or parents involved in a child custody dispute will pay significantly less than if the individuals choose a traditional litigation process. Sometimes attorneys are necessary to address certain legal matters. However, representation of each side of the dispute by a separate attorney will be expensive. Furthermore, many mediators’ hourly rates are lower than attorneys’ rates and only one mediator is needed for the divorce mediation process. , , , , , , , ,,,,,
- Mediation will avoid a destructive litigation process and a potential courtroom battle. Mediation will preserve the relationships of the family members who will still need to interact after the dispute is settled, thereby creating a more peaceful future.
- Mediation will be less traumatic for the children and other family members. A mediator will encourage the disputing individuals to work together to find solutions, while keeping the future and the best interests of the children in mind.
- With mediation, the disputing individuals, rather than a judge, control the outcome and are the ultimate decision makers. Divorcing couples or parents involved in a child custody matter know much more about their own marital or family situation and are best able to resolve the matter if they maintain a positive attitude and a spirit of cooperation during the process. Being able to make decisions and having control of the outcome will be more gratifying than a contentious litigation process.
- For the most part, mediation will remain confidential. Therefore, your personal, marital, and family affairs are more likely to remain out of the public’s attention, rather than becoming a matter of public record as is the case when the matter is litigated in court.
- The resulting agreement and parenting plan can be uniquely developed to address each particular marital and family situation rather than the more ordinary or standard outcome decided by an judge.
I encourage you to contact me at either 239-631-6755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southwest Florida Divorce & Family Mediation Services